An outstanding chandelier
at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
The amazing performance spaces have been designed by Ian Ritchie Architects, lighting design by Ulrike Brandi Licht with whom RobLight A/S has worked closely together to achieve this outstanding installation.
The main feature of this theatre is the impressive chandelier, consisting of 300 custom made crystals, suspended in RobLight Ø4.5mm PMMA fiber tails. In combination with 324 downlights and the 52 DMX controlled FL 1000 B-2 light generators the crystals gives the theatre a magnificent appearance.
Bespoke LED terminations in combination with glass crystals of varius sizes are build into the structure of the wall.
The Royal Academy of Music project has received the following awards;
- Winner 2018 RIBA National Award
- Winner 2018 RIBA London Building of the Year Award
- Winner 2018 RIBA London Award
- Winner 2018 RICS London Award – Leisure & Tourism category
- Winner 2018 NLA Award – Culture & Community category
- Winner AJ Retrofit Awards 2018 – 2 categories
o Retrofit of the Year and Cultural Buildings - Performance and Events category
- Winner 2018 International Property Awards – ‘Leisure Architecture’ category for London region
The Royal Academy of Music, London.
Architect: Ian Ritchie Architects
Lighting Designer: Ulrike Brandi Licht
Distributor: Light Projects Ltd.
Photographer: Adam Scott www.adamscottimages.com